RSVP FOR: 9/28 Release Party, Chat and Contest with author Ilona Andrews. Event starts at 10:30 am Central on 9/28. Contest runs until 11:59 pm PDT on 10/4.
PLEASE NOTE: GO HERE TO RSVP AND PUT YOUR LINK INFO UP NOT ON THIS POST!
http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=10377 Comments for this post are closed, this is an announcement only.
Click here to enter the PARADISE RULES contest. http://www.bethkery.com/blog/
This is an amazing chance to not only win a $100.00 Amazon GC, but prizes every single day from now through October 3rd from a ton of other authors! Be sure to check it out and spread the word!
Come on sing happy birthday with me…..cause this has got to be the BEST birthday contest ever in the history of…well… anything!
We have a drool worthy contest for you sponsored by Christine and Ethan Rose authors of the young adult (and older adult) book Rowan of the Wood! this contest is a little different than our others, but I think you will rise to the occasion quite nicely! Besides who doesn’t want a FREE Kindle 2? There are so many different ways you can enter this contest it is mind boggling. There is something for everybody. BUT doing these top two things will net you the MOST entries. The contest runs ALL month so you have lots of time!
So GO HERE: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=6834 To enter on our sister site! DO NOT POST entries here. It is all taking place at Bitten by Books!!
The Last First Book We Ever Wrote
Hello there! My name is Bree, and I’m one half of the romance-writing, virtual-crime-fighting duo known as Moira Rogers. I’m here today because Bitten by Books was kind enough to agree to help us celebrate something really exciting that only comes once in an author’s lifetime: the release of the first book we ever wrote.
Awesome, right? We sure think so! Of course, the part that takes a little bit of explaining is the part where Crux is, in fact, our sixteenth ebook to be released. A lot has happened to us since fall of 2007, when we first sat down to try and tell the story of Mackenzie and Jackson, the heroine and hero who have to fight an evil supernatural conspiracy spanning generations to win their chance at a happy ending. We scampered off to hone our craft on short stories and novellas and learned from our experience. But we always came back to this story, because in the end we loved our tough determined heroine and her smooth talkin’ detective hero too much to leave alone.
Today, in honor of Crux’s release, we’ve teamed up with Bitten by Books for a chance to make someone else just as excited as we are. We have in our possession a NEW Apple iPod touch 8 GB (1st Generation) (Retail Value $229.00), perfect for listening to music AND reading books through the awesome application Stanza. The Apple iPod touch 8 GB also holds 1,750 songs or 10 hours of video. Go here to read all about it. We’re also going to give $50.00 and $25.00 Visa Gift Cards to two lucky runners up! All you need to do is read the rules below and enter this awesome contest. And if you happen to pick up a copy of Crux, we hope you’ll love Jackson and Mackenzie as much as we do!
Book Excerpt: “Jackson Holt makes a decent living as a private investigator in New Orleans, home of one of the largest underground supernatural populations in the United States. He and his partners have never met a case they couldn’t crack…until a local bar owner asks him to do a little digging on her newest hire.
New Orleans is the fourth destination in as many months for Mackenzie Brooks, a woman on the run from a deranged stalker. After all, any man who shows up on her doorstep claiming to be her destined lover has more than a few screws loose. But crazy doesn’t explain why he always finds her no matter how far she runs.
When her well-meaning boss puts a PI on her case, Mackenzie comes face to face with the incredible truth: magic is real, and whatever spell has kept her hidden and separate from the paranormal world is rapidly deteriorating.
With time running out, she has no choice but to trust Jackson as he struggles to uncover the truth of her past-and her destiny.”
Readers, here’s how to enter the Crux New Release Contest. You can do ONE or ALL of these things, and each one will give you additional entries at a chance to WIN one of THREE fabulous prizes.
Apple iPod touch 8 GB (1st Generation) (click the link to see the exact item)
$50.00 Visa Gift Card
$25.00 Visa Gift Card
Please note, the prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be absolutely no substitutions or changes the prize is non-transferable. If you don’t want the prize being offered, please don’t enter the contest. If you ever win an electronic copy of a book, please note that it is ILLEGAL to forward, give away or copy it in anyway once you receive it. Doing so violates copyright. If we find out that it has been done, you will no longer be eligible to win any of our contests.
1. The easiest way to enter is by purchasing copies of Crux. Yep, it is true, if you purchase a copy of Moira’s new release here: http://mybookstoreandmore.com/shop/product.da/crux. You will get FORTY entries to the contest for each copy you purchase. It is not mandatory to purchase a copy, there are plenty of other ways to enter and win. Just email me a copy of your purchase receipt to racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Sorry no faxes or snail mail copies.
2. Spread the word!! Post this event in it’s entirety including the image at the top of the page for the contest announcement on your blog or website. Right click to save the image to your computer. Come back and leave the links to where you posted it. Good for 20 entries PER place you post it.
3. Attend one or all of the events hosted at Bitten by Books in the upcoming weeks, comment and participate at those events for extra entries into this contest. Here is a link to the event schedule: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=4698. Start with Diane Whiteside’s interview from today here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=4787. Just come back and tell us which ones you participated it and leave the link for the event.Good for 10 entries per event you attend.
4. Read the Bitten by Books reviews of Moira’s books here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=58&book_author_id=Moira%20Rogers
Then leave a meaningful comment IN THE REVIEW post that shows you read the review, not just a post that says “sounds good” or “nice review”, a couple of sentences would be great! Simply share your thoughts, ideas or opinions and show the author some love. Good for 5 entries per review.
5. Post all of the links to Moira’s reviews on Bitten by Books along with your thoughts on each one on YOUR blog/website. You MUST come back here and post the links to where you posted the links at. Good for 10 entries per place you post them.
6. SUBSCRIBE to the Bitten by Books newsletter here on the right hand side of the site. This is for new subscribers only. Be sure you VERIFY your subscription, an email is sent with the verification link. Unverified subscribers will not be entered and will be deleted from the mailing list. Good for 10 entries.
7. Post the link to the contest here today (http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=4815) at another blog, website, Myspace, Ning Group, Facebook, Yahoo Group (any group where it is appropriate) and you will be given TEN additional entries for a chance to win for every link you post. BUT you MUST come back here to this interview and post those links in one response here in this thread. The more places you post the event, the more entries you get, so spread the word! NOTE: if you post multiple links here, your post will not show up right away. If you don’t see it, don’t keep posting it, we WILL approve your entry later on in the day. Good for 10 entries per place you post the link to this event.
8. Purchase copies of Moira’s awesome books USING THE LINKS BELOW today through Friday 3/20/09 and send us a copy of the receipt VIA email (sorry no faxes or snail mail) for your purchase to: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces) for TWENTY additional entries. You get TWENTY entries for each one you purchase. Not valid on past purchases. Please use these links below to buy her most recent books.
RED ROCK PASS BOOKS
Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass #1): http://www.mybookstoreandmore.com/shop/product.da/cry-sanctuary
LAST CALL BOOKS
Kamikaze (Last Call: New York #1): http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=966
Hurricane (Last Call: New York #2): http://www.changlingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=983
A Last Call Christmas Party (Last Call: New York #2.5): http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1045
Tequila Sunrise (Last Call: New York #3): http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1010
Virgin Daiquiri (Last Call: New York #4): http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1051
Tequila Sunset (After Hours #1): http://changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1114
MYSTIC VALLEY BOOKS
Moonshine (Mystic Valley Shorts #1): http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/books/moonshine.htm
Some Like it Haunted (Mystic Valley Shorts #2): http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/books/haunted.htm
The 13th Step (Mystic Valley Shorts #3): http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/books/13thstep.htm
Last Hope (Carnal Powers #1): http://loose-id.net/detail.aspx?ID=866
DOWN AND DIRTY BOOKS
Wild Card (Down & Dirty #1): http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1013
Calling the Bluff (Down & Dirty #2): http://www.changlingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1062
Under the Magnolia: http://www.cobblestone-press.com/catalog/books/magnolia.htm
Sexual Healing: http://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=24
Or buy ANYTHING from Amazon today through Friday 3/20/09 by using the Amazon search box to your right hand side on our site. We will know if you used the box to search and buy, so please be sure to use it or your entries won’t count. Send me a copy of the receipt VIA email (sorry no faxes or snail mail) for your purchase to: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). Good for 20 entries per item purchased.
9. Add us as your friend on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bittenbybooks
Add us as your friend on Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614064436
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BittenbyBooks be SURE to tweet us after you follow so we can count your entry! @BittenbyBooks
Be sure to mention that you are friending us for this contest so we know to enter you! Good for 5 entries per place you friend us.
8. Be friends with Moira by joining her here:
Twitter (Bree): http://twitter.com/moirarogersbree
Twitter (Donna): http://twitter.com/donnajherren
Then send us a copy of the email you get once you are approved for her newsletter, forum welcome email that will have your username on it and the confirmation of friendship on Myspace to: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces). For Twitter, send me a tweet to @BittenbyBooks with @moirarogersbree and @ donnajherren that says “Crux New Release iPod Touch Contest” (please don’t DM the tweet) Good for 10 entries each place you add.
10. Twitter and ask your friends to re-tweet the URL for this event be SURE to include us in your tweet @BittenbyBooks http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=4815. Good for 10 entries.
11. Add Moira’s blog, website and live journal to your blog roll or links page: http://www.moirarogers.com/ http://www.moirarogers.com/blog/ and http://moirarogers.livejournal.com/ Good for 10 entries for each place you add it.
12. Add Bitten by Books to your blog roll or links page: http://bittenbybooks.com if you leave our link up permanently you will always be entered into our contests automatically. Just be sure to stop by each contest we hold and leave the link to where it is so we can give you your entry! Good for 10 entries.
13. Email ALL of your friends and invite them to come by today! If your fiends come and post here and say you sent them, they get FOUR entries and you get SIX entries! They have to tell us who you are so we know who to give the entries to. You can invite as many people as you want and get all the extra entries!
14. Join the The Blood Bank the Bitten by Books Community! here: http://bittenbybooks.ning.com/ then come back here and tell us your user name. Be sure to post something about yourself on your blog there. Good for 10 entries
GENERAL CONTEST INFORMATION:
The contest ends on Friday 3/20/09 at 11:59 pm PST and the winners will be contacted the following week. You will receive your prize directly from the publisher. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIRST AND THE INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME as well as a valid email where we can contact you. REMEMBER the more things you do, the more entries, the greater the chances of winning.
IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES:
1. If you aren’t interested in receiving the prizes, offered please do not enter the contest.
2. You have THREE days from the day the I contact you to claim your prize by sending your name/mailing address to me. Failure to contact me will forfeit your prize. BBB can at that time, choose either to re- award the prize to another entrant or not.
3. The prize stated IS the prize you will receive, there will be no substitutions, trades or changes. No exceptions. Please do not ask. If for some reason you do not wish to claim your prize, please let me know as soon as possible. We have the option to re-award it or not.
4. Contest is open to readers worldwide. International shipping will be the least expensive option available and insured if possible. US shipping will be via priority mail, with delivery confirmation and insurance. The prize contributor and Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible if your prize doesn’t show up or is damaged in transit. The item (s) will not be replacable. The prize is shipped directly from the author.
5. Bitten by Books is in NO way responsible for the prizes being offered in any of the contests. If for some reason a contributor does not honor their prize, there is nothing we can or will do about it. We are not worried that this will happen, but we want to be very clear that WE are not offering these prizes, the contributor is and it is their responsibility to fulfill their prize obligations.
6. These rules are subject to change or be modified without prior written notice.
7. Contest is void where prohibited.
8. By entering this contest you are agreeing to our terms of entry